Welcome to my blog. My blog is mainly for the sharing of the many projects I make either for swaps, for gifts or just because I was inspired by something I saw on the internet and wanted to give it a try as well. I hope you enjoy what you see and if you have any questions be sure to send me a comment.



Thursday, March 15, 2012

ALtered Altoid Mint Tins

Some years back altering mint tins was "the thing" to do in papercrafting.  And like many "things of the moment" you start to collect the supplies you need for it because your plan is to start making them.  Well for the most part I got as far as collecting tons of tins.  I've been inspired by Graphic 45 papers, because they're so awesome that you hoard all the smaller scraps.  A couple months back I came across a tutorial posted on Craftster.org by "rackycoo".  She had nice finishing techniques that almost make the tin look like it was manuafactured this way.  These projects were perfect for using the G-45 scraps. Here is an example of one made with the ABC Primer collection. A link for a the tutorial I used by rackycoo is this one... http://kbatsel.blogspot.com/2011/02/tutorial-altered-altoid-tin.html

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed looking at all your tins! I have an entire collection from several years ago that I used to use in classes. Makes me think I may get out and put them to use again!

    I like the way you finished each.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete