Welcome to my blog. My blog is mainly for the sharing of the many projects I make either for swaps, for gifts or just because I was inspired by something I saw on the internet and wanted to give it a try as well. I hope you enjoy what you see and if you have any questions be sure to send me a comment.



Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend Yard Sales

This past weekend was our HOA sponsored Community Yard Sale. We decided this year not to have our own yard sale but to drive the neighborhoods to see what treasures we might find.  Between us we had about $40.  We just couldn't find much that interested us. I think we ended up spending about $16 or so and half of that at an estate sale for a baby walker for a grandson.  The one place I did find beautiful cigar boxes I'd been looking for the prices were too high and she wasn't interested in lowering the price.  I did score a small Fiskars photo trimmer that cut really nice for a dollar. The one thing that we saw and I fell in love with this suit of armour display.  It wasn't authentic.. maybe a store display and light enough to lift with ine hand.. but very cool.  I kept think this would be an amazing steampunk project.  But the price of $125 was too high.  Even if he came down half price it was still out of my price ranged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment